What We Fund
The Dean Forest Railway Society provides funding for various development projects on the Dean Forest Railway, as well as purchasing items itself to help with every day operations. A list of what we have funded since the appointment of the new Executive Committee in 2017 is shown below!
Society Funded Projects
- Tarpaulins to cover the GWR Accommodation Coach
- Stone blower for the Permanent Way department
- Materials for Parkend Permanent Way works (proceeds from the Santa Special draw 2017)
- Skid steer coal loader
- Funds provided for a consultancy project related to Travellers Rest. Read more...
- Chainsaw training course for 2 members of the Lineside department
- Generator for buffet car no. 1803
- Mark 1 Accommodation Coach purchased, with a view to replacing GWR Collett Third no. 5863. Read more...
- Mark 2a TSO coach no. W5341 purchased. Read more...
- Mark 2 TSO coach no. M5175 purchased. Read more...
- Materials for Parkend 7-plank wagon restoration